Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Have Reminders Sent to Your Mobile Phone

This is such a great idea I don't know why I didn't think of it before!

I have a tickler file system to remind me of things that may be months away, and I love it, but sometimes I just wish I could have a way to send myself a text message to remind me.  I want to send myself the message now, but I don't want to recieve it for another few weeks, or even months.

Well, I finally Googled text messaging reminder services and was thrilled to find a couple of great ones. 

Textmemos is free and gets the job done.  The service was created by a guy who needed to remind himself of things via text message, but couldn't find a company that would do it for free.  So he started a service himself.  What a guy!

My Snoozester is a paid service, but the rates are reasonable and they have a few more bells and whistles.  For example, you can "snooze" your reminder for 10 minutes if you are in the middle of something, and the reminder will be sent again 10 minutes later.

Try them out!  They are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment